AJ STYLES WILL STOP PERFORMING COUP IN WWE

AJ Styles has admitted that one of his most impressive moves will not return to his WWE arsenal of moves. “The Phenomenal One” built his career on performing scams that live up to his nickname. Styles continues to use the Phenomenal Forearm, the Styles Clash, and even the occasional 450 Splash, but one move has been retired for some time.

 Known as the Spiral Tap, the move involves the wrestler jumping off the top rope and performing a corkscrew before landing on his opponent's back. According to the former WWE Champion, this move will not be used again. In an interview with Shak Wrestling, Styles stated that since he hasn't performed it in so long, he is no longer able to do it, but he is happy that today's stars can utilize it and add it to their repertoire:

“If you’ve ever heard the phrase ‘If you don’t use it, you lose it,’ it’s 100% true,” Styles said. “It’s a very strange move to make. I put it aside for so long that I simply lost the ability to do it. I know how to do the stunt in theory, but if I can't pull it off the way I want, then I'm not going to do it at all. I didn't even try to practice it on a trampoline, pool, anything. I leave that scam to the [Will] Ospreays or anyone else who wants to do it.”

 AJ Styles competed in the main event of Backlash against Cody Rhodes for the Undisputed Championship. Taking place in Lyon, France, the crowd cheered when Styles was in the ring, chanting “Il est vraiment phénomenal” (He really is phenomenal) throughout the fight.

Comments

Popular Posts