SHAYNA BASZLER PARTICIPATES IN BLOODSPORT X

 Shayna Baszler revealed who encouraged her to participate in GCW's Josh Barnett's Bloodsport event, the WWE fighter surprised everyone when she was announced for the fight without ropes and without turnbuckles, where victory only happens by knockout or submission.Traditionally, WWE has not allowed its contractors to participate in other promotions' events. But, according to Baszler, the logistics for her participation in Bloodsport had been planned for some time.

In an interview with the RRBG podcast, Shayna Baszler said that the suggestion came from none other than William Regal!

“It’s pretty cool. To be honest, I thought that by the time I was available to do this, I would already be retired. It's great that it worked. On my side, the conversation was already going on. They called me into the office at work, it was William Regal. He said, ‘Hey, what do you think about fighting in Bloodsport?’ I asked, ‘Is everything okay? What’s going on?’ And he said, ‘Yes, we talked to Josh. We don't have many athletes we trust with this style of fighting, and you are one of them. Are you interested?’ I said, ‘Absolutely, yes, 100%.’

On my side, the conversation was already done, they just needed to know if I wanted to participate. I was completely surprised. It's unbelievable that I was literally working for Raw, my cell phone was in the locker room, they called me into the room, the conversation took place, and when I got back to my cell phone, I had a missed call and a message from Josh: 'Answer me, it's urgent.' By the time, I already knew what it was about. He tried to contact me before they did. It was a surprise, but very welcome!”



Comments

Popular Posts