ERIC BISCHOFF ACCUSES AEW OF IMITATING WCW

Warner Bros Discovery announced the premiere of Collision, and Tony Khan confirmed the news during last Wednesday's Dynamite. Who seems not to have liked this revelation was Eric Bischoff, as he accused AEW of imitating WCW's presentation and look on its new weekly show.

Through his Strictly Business podcast, Eric Bischoff stated:

"Allusion is a good word, but I say steal is a better word. The truth is, I like to be put a smile on my face, and I think imitation is a sincere form of flattery.

There is no creative strategy that allows AEW to execute on the mission to be different from WWE. They may have more blood, but that's the only thing I can think of that really distinguishes it in any meaningful way...

You want to really evolve the product, whether it's the format, how the show is filmed, how promos are handled, how stories are told or production values.

All those things need to come together, but at the core of it there has to be a vision that says this is what will make us stand out and this is why we are different and I just don't see that."

Comments

Popular Posts