LIV MORGAN TALKS ABOUT FIGHTING SYNDROME IN WWE

 At just 29 years old, Liv Morgan has already built up an impressive WWE resume and the former WWE SmackDown Women's Champion has years ahead of her to continue building her legacy. Despite her accomplishments, Morgan recently appeared on “The Bump” and revealed that she previously dealt with imposter syndrome in WWE.

“My biggest obstacle was just feeling like I never had the credentials to accomplish what I needed to do here,” Morgan said. “I came from nothing. … I’m not a generational superstar. I don't have a crazy sports background. I just loved WWE with every fiber of my being, so I always felt like I had imposter syndrome, like I wasn't good enough.”

Morgan described dealing with this self-doubt as the “biggest battle” she has faced in her WWE career thus far. With time and a lot of effort, Morgan was able to overcome these anxieties and now feels comfortable offering advice to young fans. Instead of trying to portray an image of unattainable superstardom, Morgan tries to show young girls that they can grow up to be in a position like hers.

“I want you to know that I was literally you,” Morgan continued. “I just hope they see me and feel it, really. And not just like, 'Yes, yes, yes. I can never be that.’ It’s like, ‘No, I promise. You really can.'”

After missing much of last year due to injury, Liv Morgan returned to January's women's Royal Rumble match. For the second year in a row, she was the last person to be eliminated. Following her women's Elimination Chamber loss in February, Morgan does not have a match scheduled for WWE WrestleMania 40, but that could change.

Comments

Popular Posts