MERCEDES MONET TALKS ABOUT HIS AEW DEBUT

Mercedes Mone made a remarkable debut during AEW Dynamite: Big Business, held last Wednesday, March 13, 2024, where she was the big star of the night. Speaking with Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso, Mone shared her excitement about being the first to enter the ring, highlighting the vibrant energy she felt throughout the day.

"F— yeah, I needed to open the show,” said Mone. “All day, I was bursting with energy. Ten minutes before the show, I was in the gorilla [backstage]. I could feel the energy in the building. When my music played, I felt the energy, and I knew I was home.”

Reflecting on his debut speech, Mone revealed that he had been thinking about his words for over a year, paying even more attention to them after signing with AEW. She chose to speak sincerely, which touched the audience and made the moment even more special.

“It all started in Boston,” she explained. “I wouldn’t be ‘The CEO’ if it weren’t for my time here.” Mone emphasized her connection to wrestling in North Andover, recalling how she discovered wrestling schools at a young age. She recalled her career in Chaotic Wrestling, a crucial experience that fueled her dreams and shaped her career.

“That’s why I mentioned wrestling at North Andover,” he continued. “I remember looking up and reading about so many wrestling schools. I learned about Chaotic Wrestling when I was 12 years old. When I was 16, I emailed them – but I was too young. At 18, I signed up for fantasy camp. I was the only woman there. I won, I got to train at Chaotic for free, and they created a championship for me so women could come and fight with me. I was only 18 years old. That place created so much magic for me. It was a place for me to dream and become who I am.”


Comments

Popular Posts