DREW MCINTYRE TALKS ABOUT HIS CHARACTER'S HEEL TURN

Drew Mcintyre is a former world champion, but he has not been very prominent in WWE in 2023, and it has even been speculated that he may leave the company when his contract expires.

Still, the "Scottish Warrior will face WWE Intercontinental Champion Gunther at SummerSlam this Saturday. To promote this event, in an interview with the Stay Busy podcast, Drew Mcintyre showed no desire to make a heel turn.

"Staying on the path I'm on right now, I want to make sure I have interesting and compelling stories, nice in to the ring and getting applause.

There was a period when I wasn't doing that and luckily, I did it again when I joined Sheamus and got into that Triple Threat Match match at WrestleMania 39. I want to continue to evolve and add layers to my character and do all the cool things I can do off the rink and finally win the title in front of the fans.

The character itself I am willing to go in any direction that is not interesting. People are asking for a heel turn, but I'm not willing to do it unless it makes perfect sense.

We have a lot of value in Drew McIntyre. I show up at the Special Olympies and see the effect that WWE and I have on people, and I can understand John Cena's perspective of never turning heel of course he's at a higher level and has done so much outside the ring, but I can understand your position. 

If it was the right time and the right time and if it was fun for the fans, I would be okay with that. One of my favorite characters was outside the company (WWE) as a heel. When that dark side comes out, it's pretty dark".

Comments

Popular Posts